Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Fried Deer Steak and Green Beans

First let me say that I need to change the date stamp on my camera. These pictures were actually taken Monday evening when I made these things.

Here is a picture of the fried deer I made (well, some of it...by the time I was done cooking, this platter was full)

It's been my experience that if someone doesn't like deer, the deer they had was not cooked right. I've had several people tell me they don't like deer. Then, when they have it cooked like my dad taught me to cook it, they LOVE it! The secret to good deer meat:
Tenderize it with a tenderizing hammer until it's paper thin
Fry it in conola oil in a cast iron skillet
Don't turn your stove up too high, you need to cook it slowly and turn the meat often


Now, I'm about to tell you the secret to the BEST green beans you have ever put in your mouth. Seriously...I came up with this myself and have used it to turn green bean haters into green bean LOVERS. And the best thing about it...it's sooooo simple.

What you need:
4 cans of cut green beans
4-5 pieces of your favorite bacon
Cavendar's Greek Seasoning
Dump the green beans into a pot with the juices from the can
Put in the bacon
Shake in lots of Cavendar's (probably about 3 Tbs. if I had to guess)
Stir it all together
Put it on the stove and bring it to a boil
Boil it until most of the juice is gone
Serve and be prepared be AMAZED!
If you try my green beans, please leave a comment and let me know what you think!


0 comments: