Thursday, August 7, 2008

Flight into Egypt

Once again, I'm doing the 5 question study.

Matthew 2:13-15 (NJKV)
Now when they departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, "Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him."
When he arose, he took the young Child and His mother by night and departed for Egypt, and was there until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying "Out of Egypt I called My Son."

1. What do I like?
I like that God speaks to us to protect us from harm. I like that Joseph listened to God and trusted Him, even though it meant fleeing to a foreign land. It couldn't have been easy to do what God told him to do. I like that this scripture reveals an Old Testament prophecy that Jesus fulfilled.

2. What do I find challenging?
God told Joseph to flee to Egypt, a foreign land. It is challenging when God asks me to step out of my comfort zone, even if it is to protect me or the ones I love.

3. What do I learn about God?
If we are willing to listen, He will lead us away from harm. I also learn that Jesus fulfilled many messianic prophecies from the Old Testament.

4. What is He leading me to do?
He is leading me to trust Him. Sometimes the things He leads me to do may not be fun or easy, but they may be for my own protection or for His glory. I need to be willing to listen and go where He leads me, even if it is hard to do or seems ridiculous.

5. What will I meditate upon?
When he arose, he took the young Child and His mother by night and departed for Egypt, and was there until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying "Out of Egypt I called My Son." Matthew 2:14-15

0 comments: