Wednesday, August 6, 2008

5 Questions

Our associate pastor preached tonight and gave us a great idea for a good in-depth Bible study during daily quiet time. I couldn't wait to try it out and wanted to post it on here. He said to find a few verses to concentrate on, then after reading them ask yourself these 5 questions.

I chose Hebrews 4:14-16 (NJKV)
Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

1. What do I like?
God understands how we are tempted to sin because he was also tempted.
He sympathizes with our weaknesses to sin, making it easier to go to Him in confession.
His throne is open for me to come to Him anytime for help.

2. What do I find challenging?
God was tempted like me, but He did not sin...that's a tough thing to compare myself to because often when I am tempted I DO sin.

3. What do I learn about God?
He is merciful and forgiving. His throne is open for me to come boldly to Him no matter what I have done wrong. He understands that it is difficult for me to resist the temptations of Satan and is willing to forgive me for my sins.

4. What is He leading me to do?
I think he is leading me to always come to Him and throw myself before His throne for forgiveness for my sins. There are times when I feel I can't ask for forgiveness because I don't think I'm sorry enough for the sin to repent. But He is telling me here that He understands my weaknesses and will help me in my time of need. I need to rely on Him for everything...even help with repentance.

5. What will I meditate upon?
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Heb. 4:16



What are your answers to these questions for this scripture? I'm interested to hear your input.

0 comments: