Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fizz Keeper

This:



Is the "Fizz Keeper"

I got this the other day when I bought the Chef'n Palm Peeler. I wanted to give it a fair shot before posting my opinion on it. I've used it several times now and here is what I think:

We drink a lot of 2-liters. They always do fine until I get down toward the bottom of the bottle and then it always seems to lose it's fizz. So, I end up pouring about a glass and a half of the soda down the drain. I bought the Fizz Keeper, hoping it would solve my dilemma. Unfortunately, it did not. It did great at keeping fizz in the soda. But when I got to the bottom of the bottle, I poured a glass and there was fizz, but it looked different than the usual carbonation fizz and the soda was still flat. Also, the fizz keeper wouldn't make a good, tight seal on the bottle of Barq's Rootbeer.

So, when it comes to the Fizz Keeper, I say don't waste your money. It kept the soda from going flat until the bottle got low, but so does the bottle cap for me. Maybe if you take a little longer to drink your 2-liters it might work better than the regular bottle cap for you. But I don't know for sure because I didn't test it that way. We drink 2-liters pretty quickly.

Hope this helps!

0 comments: