Friday, June 20, 2008

Back Where I Belong

I've come to the realization that I have put the Lord to the side until I feel like I need Him again. What was I thinking? Do I not need Him all the time...in the good times and the bad? What a fool I've been. So, last night I talked it over with my accountability group and set my goal to get back on the right track with this. Today I started reading Jeremiah again. This time, I'm feeling led to read my King James Version Bible. And while it's more difficult to read than some of the other versions, some of the poetry in this version is so amazing to me and really touches my heart unlike anything else. I started back in the beginning of Jeremiah and it was like reading it for the first time. I feel refreshed and I am ready to be faithful to the Lord in my studies and my prayer life. Like Jeremiah, I want to be successful in the Lord's eyes. In the world's eyes, our success is measured by our career, possessions, happiness, etc. But success to the Lord is much different. Jeremiah was not successful according to the world. He was poor, imprisoned at one time, rejected by many, including his family, and even though he pleaded with Israel to return to the Lord, they would not listen. But Jeremiah was faithful to the Lord throughout his life. He never gave up on God, proudly proclaiming His word. Jeremiah was a very successful man, obdedient and faithful to the Lord. I want that kind of success in my life, no matter the worldly consequences. Because the eternal benefits of my success will far outweigh them.

Jeremiah 1:19 And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the Lord, to deliver thee.

0 comments: